Skip to main content

A flash

I had a flash of that day.

He crying desperately covering his face
while his shoulders were shaking and jerking.

He walking off the door
dizzy, incredulous, torn.

He taking the stairs and walking out
of my life
forever.

I sitting on the bed for two hours.
I staring at the wall
stuck
rooted
uncapable to breathe.

My heart smashed, squashed, destroyed
trapped in the door he touched
for the very last time.

That door
a gateway to heaven when he used to cross it.
a gateway to hell
from that moment on.

I had a flash of that day.

When I distinctly remember
the moment
my heart stopped beating
and my blood
started dripping.

When at the window
I watched him going away
and never looking back.

This is the memory that haunts me.

Comments

I think it will always hurt. But one day you will be able to remember that day without tears and without your heart "losing" a beat.
This will happen when you get rid of the ghost who haunt your heart.
I wish you one day you will be able to dedicate this song to a person. Have a look at the lyrics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgztL7iV1Fg
AnnaFullStop said…
Oh I will, it sounds promising...right now I just lose my beats every now and then for random memories...sometimes I wish I can forget. ERASE.
Hey "Milady" what's going on? I stay away 3 days from your blog and I come back with you under the water!!!

Come on!!!!!!!!!!!
What's up?
Do you need the name of a new pusher?

^_^
AnnaFullStop said…
I know I know...it's just a bad day...and bad experience like the one related to balls :)

oh and ALAS is just an exclamation!
besides, a very hurting date is near, once I pass that by, everything will be a bit better!
Mmmm... are you going to get older?
AnnaFullStop said…
Nope, I got 25 in August, my ex is going to get older...30. :)
Well, then it will be a hurting date for him, not for you. When you turn 30 you are a bit shocked! :-D
AnnaFullStop said…
oh well, I guess nothing shocks him :) it's just a day after all! JUST A DAY.
I would not be so sure. I tought it was just a day until I woke up in Geneva and I realized I was 30!
I was there to buy a watch for my birthday and I ended up buying nothing as I was really down!!!!
^_^

(I am old :-D)
AnnaFullStop said…
ahaha how old!??
I feel old too, these 25 years I have really hurt :D

you went to Geneve to buy a watch!?
ahah
My calculator says I am somewhere between 31 and 32...

Yes, I went to Geneva to buy a watch and to visit the city. It is really lovely. The centre is very nice, the only problem is that they speak French.
Btw, in Geneva you have all the most famous watch brands, except maybe IWC which is in Schaffhausen and you find lot of boutiques selling watches. No big discounts but for sure it is a fancy place to spend money!

^_^

I ended up buying my watch in NYC, for the records.
AnnaFullStop said…
eheeh I had no idea GEneve was that specialized...somewhere in between 31 and 32 is good I guess, or is your calculator only mental?!
perhaps you looked wiser than only 32 to me :) ehehe
Are you kidding? Geneva is THE place for watches!!!! Omega, Tag Heuer, Rolex (I hate them), Patek Philippe, Piaget, De Grisogono, Breguet, Parmigiani... all of them are in Geneva! I can die there! ^_^

My math is mental yes, not that good!

> perhaps you looked wiser than only 32 to me

I think this is the best way I have ever been told I am old! :-D
AnnaFullStop said…
NOOOO I didn't mean that really! :)ehhe I have no problem in knowing how old are you! apart from the fact that if you are a certain age I would feel oblige to call you by 'LEI' ehehhehehhe

And I have NO IDEA of all those brands name you named for watch btw....my shame!
ù
Do you feel obliged now? :-)

Some of the brands I named are famous some other are for crazy people only as they are *really* expensive. Basically I can not afford almost all of them! ^_^

You might like some of the advertisement they do.
Patek Philippe, one of the most expensive brands, use this sentence: "You never actually own a Patek Philippe. You merely look after it for the next generation".
Longines, a "normal" brand says: "Elegance is an attitude".

I think you could find this world fascinating! ^_^
AnnaFullStop said…
Uhm Now that I think of, I barely take an interest to material things like watches, but the phrases are nice I admit..and no I don't feel obliged! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Let me be your Muse

Breathing is just a rhythm. Let me help you create the music. Let me be your Muse, the one lightening you. Living is not believing. Let me help you believe in something more. Let me be the one driving your pen, kindling your inner language, pulling it all out. Let me speak your language, let me teach you my language. Do trust me, do let me enter. Do talk to me, as if I was a song to be written, Please, please, let me light your sun, the sun you are suffocating inside your dark soul. Let me be your Muse, that is all I've ever needed, all I've ever wanted. To be your Muse. Play my music, act my script, please, listen to my words, recite them, recite them all, but not as if they were cold and heartless, do take them in you, make them yours. Let them inspire you. Let my words inflame you. Let me inspire and inflame you. Don't ask me to be one among the others, Do not oblige me to remain silent and to hide who I am. Do not ask normality of me, Dare an...

Because He is the One

They say that when you meet the One you feel it, deep inside of you, something tingles. You try to suffocate  it because there is no way you can be right, after all the times you have been wrong. And certainly he is not the One. He can't be, he will try to escape, from you, from commitment, from intimacy, from proximity. They say that there is a moment, in everyone's life, when you know that you need to fight. And fight harder for a love, or something really similar to love, that is slipping away, that is not blossoming as it should. What happens, when do you know when is the right time to start fighting? Perhaps when do you feel that he is the One? Or when is it that you let it go instead and accept that it is over? They say that the more you grow up the more you learn to know what you like and what you will never like. They say that at some point you are bound to find people who seems to be the right ones and are not, just because of the circumstances. So...

Millennium Bridge

Mid Afternoon, with the Millennium Bridge embraced by such a weird sun, too powerful to be London, too bright. One never gets to appreciate how big is the bridge until one sees the people walking down it. Stories passing by. So humble. And suddenly I remember that night when I called him because some romantic musician was playing 'Let it be' on the bridge. And those lights...oh those lights on the Millennium bridge that night. In my eyes. Trapped in my heart. And I remember how he was touched by this gesture. One of my usual silly romantic gestures. I sit on some stone stairs which lead directly to the water of the Thames. Directly in the river. Dirty waters but smelling of summer, today, kissed by the sun, moved by the implacable wind. I stare at a couple sitting a bit before me. She is fat, he is bold., they kiss and they seem in love. They share the food. They probably found that compromise which allows every man and woman in love to accept the beloved one without getting ne...