Patience is supposed to be a virtue.
A virtue that I have never been blessed with.
Teach me how to be patient.
Don't give up on me
just because I want, I want everything and I want it now.
Just don't run away.
Equilibrium must be respected and sought, they say.
But what if you don't have your own equilibrium
and you are shaken by things and people as you shouldn't be?
Can you borrow someone else's equilibrium?
If something collapse, you collapse as well,
and you shouldn't allow that.
Please teach me how not to collapse, how to get the pieces together
and make my soul believe that after corruption there is so much more to do.
Can't you just separate the person from the situation for once?
Just for once I swear...
and live the night with me with no expectations for tomorrow,
no studies, no anxiety, no worries for money, no problems with ex or current boyfriends and girlfriends,
anything of that kind.
Can't you just separate the person from the situation for tonight only?
And just say what you want to say and do what you want to do
without thinking about consequences?
Just make love to me if you feel like it,
or just be alone for as long as you need,
or just stay with me, turn to me,
let me enter where others cannot enter,
and live next to me, just breathe next to me, for a while.
And then teach me how to be patient.
And to go back to normal once the night is finished.
Don't leave me there, unearthed,
after having chased shadows
after having mapped stars above our head.
If you want me to be patient,
just don't leave me there,
I wouldn't know what to do, where to start.
And if you cut out every ambiguity,
well I can at least try to trust you.
A virtue that I have never been blessed with.
Teach me how to be patient.
Don't give up on me
just because I want, I want everything and I want it now.
Just don't run away.
Equilibrium must be respected and sought, they say.
But what if you don't have your own equilibrium
and you are shaken by things and people as you shouldn't be?
Can you borrow someone else's equilibrium?
If something collapse, you collapse as well,
and you shouldn't allow that.
Please teach me how not to collapse, how to get the pieces together
and make my soul believe that after corruption there is so much more to do.
Can't you just separate the person from the situation for once?
Just for once I swear...
and live the night with me with no expectations for tomorrow,
no studies, no anxiety, no worries for money, no problems with ex or current boyfriends and girlfriends,
anything of that kind.
Can't you just separate the person from the situation for tonight only?
And just say what you want to say and do what you want to do
without thinking about consequences?
Just make love to me if you feel like it,
or just be alone for as long as you need,
or just stay with me, turn to me,
let me enter where others cannot enter,
and live next to me, just breathe next to me, for a while.
And then teach me how to be patient.
And to go back to normal once the night is finished.
Don't leave me there, unearthed,
after having chased shadows
after having mapped stars above our head.
If you want me to be patient,
just don't leave me there,
I wouldn't know what to do, where to start.
And if you cut out every ambiguity,
well I can at least try to trust you.
Comments
psI was trying to fllow your blog because I like these poems but I couldnt find the follow button
Crying With A Sense Of Human
Anyway, thank you for following :)