Jazz and swing music embraced by purple fluorescent lights and a refilled bowl of popcorn.
Unusual mirrors and transparent toilet doors.
Low-arched roof and chic decor, that seductive atmosphere impossible to replicate.
Nostalgia of a time never lived and forever gone.
"With the lights out, it's less dangerous,
here we are now, entertain us..."
A sexy cocktail with chocolate, cherries, vodka and a chili pepper.
Everything around makes Amie realize how in love with the city she is, back in the '30s atmosphere and just happy to have Dorian sitting close to her.
His dandy and retro outfit and his puzzled look.
He makes every gesture at its right moment and in its right place.
And she, always feeling out of place, after afternoon teas and scones in a vintage London, tonight feels almost adult.
The glorious past he seeks so madly and she admires from distance.
She is not like him, but she feels the beauty like he does, she longs to be surrounded by voluptuous Lagavulin 16 and Passion Fruit Vodka...
"I get a kick out of you every time I see you,
even though it is obvious you don't adore me"
The voice sings garishly and the piano leaves gentle scars on her damaged heart.
Three couples only singing along and building on the rest of their evening out of those notes.
How weird remembering the feeling of fingerprints on the piano key.
And then improvising a dance, for the simple pleasure of moving around and feeling lighter and lighter, through pinkish-red lights and geometries of mirrors.
And she looks at him, remembering and detaching from a different past, while the shadows on her face are less and less visible and the question marks in his eyes keep on glittering.
This is how he reminds her about some truth left in her, who she truly is.
Comments
If I understood who is Dorian, then it all makes sense and I am glad he remindes you who you truly are... :)
Yes, Dorian is who you think he is, who else could be named Dorian after all??!
Uhm...He does bring to life a part of me dead for quite a long time, yes, as always actually, when I spend time with him... :)
I believe that something has changed within you...or at least somehting is regaining strength.
I have decided to regain strength, but it is not like the past has been forgotten or similar... Hope you liked the new style btw!