I am going to be self-centred really.
It is the age when you have to mark yourself safe on Facebook because something has happened and they call it or they treat it as a terror attack thus seriousness is ensured and of course it was Westminster anyway. People call you and have no clue what happened but they are nice and they worry and of course you explain you were not there but thanks for calling and worrying.
It is the age when we all knew there would come a time when you have to mark yourself safe in London. Bullshit. I do think it is all bullshit. Not for lack of seriousness of the events but for the usual lack of critical analysis.
A country in deep division, feeding on unhappiness and separation, hate raising and all sorts of social inequalities not addressed, then something like this happens and the label of terror justifies the lack of understanding of what lies beneath.
What lies beneath: that is what we are all scared of. I am safe in the Westminster attack today, we barely know what happened as the media focus on the sensationalism of the event and its aftermath. But no, I am not safe in general, I bleed and suffer everyday for various reasons which remain mostly silent, thank you very much. This is not the country I chose anymore, this is not the same Anna anymore.
Comments