Shut me up and sit me down.
In a bed of lilac flowers,
caress me and embrace me.
Talk to me, don't avoid the confrontation.
Let me yell
let me scream and then just kiss me
Just lie to me
Just tell me that you care
Just tell me that you can't bear the thought of seeing me go.
Just don't give me the chance to go,
just take the matter in your hands
as if I had a choice with you.
Don't make me feel transparent,
don't make me feel worthless,
as if I wasn't enough to be haunting your thoughts,
as if I wasn't enough to be chased,
to be wanted, to be loved,
as if I had to apologise for entering your life.
Don't do that,
don't make me feel like I am begging,
when I am constantly getting used to less than nothing.
Don't make me feel like a visionary,
don't make me feel like a fool,
only because I believed your heart was true.
Don't force me to cry in front of you,
it's not fair,
when all I wanted was to try.
I wanted to try everything you were
just to keep believing,
just to keep believing that I could try it all.
Just to try it all,
you and me and a lake.
The desolation and the sadness of your heart
intoxicating for me now that there is nothing left for me
the cruellest indifference
of saying 'it doesn't mean anything'
as if I was forcing you in the corner
as if I was asking you more,
as if I couldn't handle the ugly truth.
Only you and me and that lake, for me to believe.
Why did you have to crush it all?
In a bed of lilac flowers,
caress me and embrace me.
Talk to me, don't avoid the confrontation.
Let me yell
let me scream and then just kiss me
Just lie to me
Just tell me that you care
Just tell me that you can't bear the thought of seeing me go.
Just don't give me the chance to go,
just take the matter in your hands
as if I had a choice with you.
Don't make me feel transparent,
don't make me feel worthless,
as if I wasn't enough to be haunting your thoughts,
as if I wasn't enough to be chased,
to be wanted, to be loved,
as if I had to apologise for entering your life.
Don't do that,
don't make me feel like I am begging,
when I am constantly getting used to less than nothing.
Don't make me feel like a visionary,
don't make me feel like a fool,
only because I believed your heart was true.
Don't force me to cry in front of you,
it's not fair,
when all I wanted was to try.
I wanted to try everything you were
just to keep believing,
just to keep believing that I could try it all.
Just to try it all,
you and me and a lake.
The desolation and the sadness of your heart
intoxicating for me now that there is nothing left for me
the cruellest indifference
of saying 'it doesn't mean anything'
as if I was forcing you in the corner
as if I was asking you more,
as if I couldn't handle the ugly truth.
Only you and me and that lake, for me to believe.
Why did you have to crush it all?
Comments