Skip to main content

Carcass

I am dealing with the carcass of your memory.
You left it here, you will never collect it.
Present.
Still.
Disgusting and yet appealing.
It makes me sick every day,
it suffocates me.


Terrified to face you,
terrified to find you changed.
Terrified to see your body melted in a bunch of rotten bones.
Terrified to talk to you and not get an answer
Terrified to try a way back to you somehow
Terrified to accept that it's over.

That I won't talk to you.
That I won't kiss you.
That I won't see you.
That I won't mock you.
Ever again.

And your carcass, the carcass of who we were,
the evidence of a disturbing present
always at my doorstep.

Out of breath,
out of hope,
out of love.

Because of you.

This can't be the end.

I'll go and find myself out there.

Comments

rivercat said…
the thing is that theses apparitions before the fact as I think of them are more us than the other person. Half of me is kind of proud of myself, yes, the other is still in the tangle. I think this is where you are really and I dont even know you! Is it true? or am I just imagining?
AnnaFullStop said…
that is absolutely true. Half of me feels like an heroin, really romanticized version of myself. The other half is dramatically real and still does not really get it...I am there squeezed in the middle of my two selves and even though sometimes I don't even recognize things as they are belonging to me or not, I still know it's all me..ant that is scary.
rivercat said…
I understand that. I am suffering through a happy/sad complex where I am happy and sad at the same time. I tend to over fantasize about people and what a relationship would be like, and the truth is I am just scared. I dont understand the concept of thinking anymore. I want to be a zombie because it would be so easy.
ha!
AnnaFullStop said…
oh well that sounds a lot like me I am afraid. You are scared. I am just distrusting myself and others at the point that I don't really see the need for thinking sometimes and I hate myself for doing that. If you find a way to become a zombie let me know.
rivercat said…
i also am changeable and i think im in love with a figment of my imagination and that has me all sad. i dont know if youve ever felt like that but it isnt a good feeling. im trying to do stuff to not think about it but that is not working so well. I feel immature
off beat and want to crash this plane already if you know what i mean! ( not suicide!)
eek
AnnaFullStop said…
This seems awfully familiar to me. The idea that we feel immature I think has to do with the fact that we don't feel the way we are supposed to feel, don't suffer the way we are supposed to suffer, we don't love the way we are supposed to love. We love a fragment of our past, that perfect moment where everything made sense and we try to recreate that moment that exists in our imagination in everyday,...but it cannot work...and that is just frustrating.

Popular posts from this blog

Let me be your Muse

Breathing is just a rhythm. Let me help you create the music. Let me be your Muse, the one lightening you. Living is not believing. Let me help you believe in something more. Let me be the one driving your pen, kindling your inner language, pulling it all out. Let me speak your language, let me teach you my language. Do trust me, do let me enter. Do talk to me, as if I was a song to be written, Please, please, let me light your sun, the sun you are suffocating inside your dark soul. Let me be your Muse, that is all I've ever needed, all I've ever wanted. To be your Muse. Play my music, act my script, please, listen to my words, recite them, recite them all, but not as if they were cold and heartless, do take them in you, make them yours. Let them inspire you. Let my words inflame you. Let me inspire and inflame you. Don't ask me to be one among the others, Do not oblige me to remain silent and to hide who I am. Do not ask normality of me, Dare an...

Because He is the One

They say that when you meet the One you feel it, deep inside of you, something tingles. You try to suffocate  it because there is no way you can be right, after all the times you have been wrong. And certainly he is not the One. He can't be, he will try to escape, from you, from commitment, from intimacy, from proximity. They say that there is a moment, in everyone's life, when you know that you need to fight. And fight harder for a love, or something really similar to love, that is slipping away, that is not blossoming as it should. What happens, when do you know when is the right time to start fighting? Perhaps when do you feel that he is the One? Or when is it that you let it go instead and accept that it is over? They say that the more you grow up the more you learn to know what you like and what you will never like. They say that at some point you are bound to find people who seems to be the right ones and are not, just because of the circumstances. So...

Millennium Bridge

Mid Afternoon, with the Millennium Bridge embraced by such a weird sun, too powerful to be London, too bright. One never gets to appreciate how big is the bridge until one sees the people walking down it. Stories passing by. So humble. And suddenly I remember that night when I called him because some romantic musician was playing 'Let it be' on the bridge. And those lights...oh those lights on the Millennium bridge that night. In my eyes. Trapped in my heart. And I remember how he was touched by this gesture. One of my usual silly romantic gestures. I sit on some stone stairs which lead directly to the water of the Thames. Directly in the river. Dirty waters but smelling of summer, today, kissed by the sun, moved by the implacable wind. I stare at a couple sitting a bit before me. She is fat, he is bold., they kiss and they seem in love. They share the food. They probably found that compromise which allows every man and woman in love to accept the beloved one without getting ne...