Maybe
I should just concentrate
on what I was
and forget
what others made of me.
What he made of me.
Maybe
I should forget
Milan
and what I have been there
whatever I have been
a rotten and polluted
part of my soul
like an infected wound
expelling the venom
at the end,
destroying
my life
my certainties,
my world, and
shattering his.
Tearing us apart
forever.
I don't know if it was me
or Milan,
or it was him
who was less right for me
even less right
than Milan,
a lot less right
than I thought.
All I know
is that Milan
took away my heart
burying it with him
somewhere I cannot find it and reach it
anymore.
At least
I know that my heart
cannot be broken
like that again,
no one can break my heart
the way he did
in Milan, that day.
And knowing that,
as well as discovering
myself, once more,
as well as knowing
where he is now,
should be comforting.
I should just concentrate
on what I was
and forget
what others made of me.
What he made of me.
Maybe
I should forget
Milan
and what I have been there
whatever I have been
a rotten and polluted
part of my soul
like an infected wound
expelling the venom
at the end,
destroying
my life
my certainties,
my world, and
shattering his.
Tearing us apart
forever.
I don't know if it was me
or Milan,
or it was him
who was less right for me
even less right
than Milan,
a lot less right
than I thought.
All I know
is that Milan
took away my heart
burying it with him
somewhere I cannot find it and reach it
anymore.
At least
I know that my heart
cannot be broken
like that again,
no one can break my heart
the way he did
in Milan, that day.
And knowing that,
as well as discovering
myself, once more,
as well as knowing
where he is now,
should be comforting.
Comments